Monday, April 18, 2016

Living Like a Local

I am pretty excited for my semester abroad in Spain. I am so happy to know that I've been accepted to  my first choice. I look forward to all of the relationships I will build while I am abroad.
I have never been shy, so I know that while I'm abroad, it won't be any different than it is now. I love meeting new people and making new friends. The best way for this to be accomplished is to live like a local. I want to do as the locals do as much as possible. There are so many adventures just waiting to happen. I know it's going to be an adjustment since their culture is different than the one here in the United States, but I think I'll be more than okay. I will need to avoid speaking English and really try to speak Spanish at all times, which will be a challenge, since I speak a mix of both when I'm at home or in Spanish classes here on campus. I look forward to completing a bucket list my friend who is in Spain right now has made for me, full of local restaurants to check out, hikes to go on, and road trips to big and small cities.

No comments:

Post a Comment