Sunday, May 8, 2016

Vocational Goals

While studying abroad in itself is a goal of mine, there are other goals that I hope to accomplish abroad.  I am very passionate about service work, and impacting my community in a positive way! Ulster University has a strong push for students to serve. Volunteer work offers so much experience in amazing ways. It can be an incredible way to connect with the locals while also benefitting the community. Service work also acts a way to reduce stress. Putting time and effort into helping others can take your mind off difficult classes or general stress.
    I am also planning on completing my minor in biology abroad. While I am a mathematics major, my true passion is biology. Ulster University is offering classes that will count towards my minor but are not offered here at Maryville College. One such class is Epidemiology of Disease. This class will count as an upper-level bio class for minor , but this class also offers insight into what I will be doing as a career. I am very interested in biostatistics so I am also hopeful that professor might have connections that could be useful for my future career.
   Lastly, I am the current Marketing Committee Chair for Student Programming Board. I love connecting with all the campus in such an intimate way. Helping plan and coordinate events is a great way to make friends as well as contribute to your campus. I would truly love to be a part of the programming team if at all possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment