Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Academic Differences

The things that I have heard about academics in Puerto Rico seem to be a little more laid back than here at Maryville College. Being on "island time," seems that it would be a little more laid back anyways. I have heard that the classes are not as rigorous as they are here at the College. The credit hours are pretty much the same as they are here. For example 3 hours there = 3 hours here. With that said, I will definitely not be able to have the same relationships that I have with professors here, which in my opinion kind of stinks, but I will get used to it. My expectations of other students, I feel as if they will be a lot like here in America. Nice, helping, fun, etc. While I am abroad I will have to take 12 credit hours a week of the classes of my choosing being taught in the Spanish language, which will be one of my biggest changes. Overall, it will be a good experience to have to do things differently than what I am used to and learning in a different language.

No comments:

Post a Comment