Tuesday, March 29, 2016

An American Abroad

 The survey's we took on cultural differences surprised me. I figured I would be more of a low-context person, but I scored equally in high and low context aspects. I think this is because I live in between two cultures: the Mexican one and the American one. Mexico is a high context culture while the United States is a low context culture, so it makes sense that I would have equal aspects of both.

On the self audit survey, I believe my strengths were my independence and my openness. Although I've never been apart from my parents for long periods of time, I have always been independent and know how to do things on my own. My openness is another strength and I think this is because of how I've grown up.

This has just reassured me that I'm culturally open enough to be successful to study abroad, and makes me excited to be in Spain next fall, even if I'm super nervous about trying new foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment