Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Switzerland Bound

I'm Switzerland bound and just slightly terrified. I am so excited that I have been given an opportunity to study theatre in Switzerland and I know that it will be one of the most memorable times of my life. I am excited to live in the capital city, to explore the Swiss Alps, and eat all the European food and try my hand at German. But I'm terrified of the possible language barrier. I'm afraid of being away from everyone and everything I have ever known. I'm afraid I will run out of time and money to do all of the amazing things I want to do and see. But I also know that I am no dumb girl. I can carry on a conversation (maybe not in German, but French is spoke in Switzerland, too) with anyone, I can navigate the bus and train routes with ease, and I am comfortable and confident enough in my own skin that I will make this an experience worth every ounce of fear I have. People are magnificent. I love the way different cultures interact and communicate with each other and how different one lifestyle is from the next. You will never run out of things to learn about a person. I am excited to make new friends and possibly reunite with old ones. The conversations I enjoy the most are the simple and innocent ones that turn in to something deep and meaningful. They are the ones that last all night and move in to the morning. Those conversations will be had. 


1 comment:

  1. Jennings: this is a great commentary of how you are feeling. What are your specific goals for this program. Please add goals.

    ReplyDelete