Monday, September 12, 2016

Shane Byerley: Study Abroad Plans and Goals.

A semester of studying abroad is a requirement by both of my majors; I am double-majoring in Spanish Language and Internacional Business. I have applied to the Universities of Málaga, Almería, Murcia and Vigo Spain with the ISEP exchange program. I have also traveled to Spain twice before, including the cities of Málaga and Almería. The cities were interesting and had an amazing Mediterranean climate. Both Málaga and Almería are historic cities, having been colonized by both the Romans and Arab-the two empires that left their influence in South Spain. I long to return to Andalucía.
Some of my goals for study abroad are developing my fluency in Spanish and further gaining knowledge of Spanish culture, in particular southern Spanish culture. I am already fluent in reading, writing, and speaking Spanish; however, given that Spanish was not my mother language, I could always use some practice.
Also, I have attempted to apply to a second semester abroad, to the university FAAP in São Paulo Brazil. I would like to eventually learn Portuguese.
Una semestre de estudiar en el extranjero es un requisito para los dos de mis títulos universitarios; estudio un doble-titulación en español y negocios internacionales. Les he enviado mi ficha de inscripción a las universidades españoles de Málaga, Almería, Murcia, y Vigo con el programa de intercambio estudiantil de ISEP. La verdad es ya he recorrido dos veces a España, incluyendo las ciudades de Málaga y Murcia Andalucía. A mí me interesaron las ciudades antiguas de Málaga y Almería, particularmente a causa de su clima mediterráneo e historia de colonización árabe y romana. Deseo que me pueda volver a Andalucía, o a cualquier ciudad española que me aceptaría.
Una de las metas mías serían el desarrollo de mi fluidez de español y mi concientización de cultura española, enfocando en la región sureña de españa llamada Andalucía. Ya puedo hablar, escribir, leer español pero es que español no fue mi lengua materna. Por tanto, siempre pudiera tratar de practicarlo.
También, yo acabé de hacer una aplicación para ingresarme en la universidad de FAAP en San Pablo Barsil para el semestre de otoño 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment