Friday, December 9, 2016

An American Abroad

Naturally, I am the epitome of an introvert if I am being honest. Even though I played sports all my life I would only talk to others if I really had to. Now I was not trying to distance myself or couldn't socialize when i was younger, I just didn't talk much. High school and college was when I really started to come out of my shell and be more outgoing and it turns out that I'm pretty good at it.

The only thing about being outgoing is that instead of a small liberal arts college in Tennessee, I will be abroad in Morocco. This is one challenge I think I will face the most of, being able to network and meet new people, who may or may not be accustomed to the way I would initiate that processes. I cant help but think that I would take it to far to where I'm overwhelming and annoying, or revert back to just keeping to myself to where I'm invisible. My solution to this is to find a happy medium between the two and take things as they come. So, I am really hoping to have a smooth transition and not be annoying to the locales. Luckily for me, as I look back to my self audit, I have a few strategies to help in that aspect like my interpersonal skills.  As far as being an American and educating others while I'm their, I feel I  will have much to offer because of who I am and where I come from. I'm really looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment