Monday, December 12, 2016

Living Like a Local: My home away from home

To be honest my plan to blend in with the locales of my host country is pretty simple and straight forward. Be a sponge, and soak up everything. Sure there will be times where I experience some forms of culture shock but its all apart of the experience in my opinion. Plus it'll help prepare me for future travel experiences.

I have already made plans to get involved in community services in my host country as a way to immerse myself with those who don't just attend the University. This would also give me the opportunity to practice on speaking and understanding the language there.

As far as food goes its simple.....eat all the foods. This is probably the main reason as to why I am studying abroad (after finding my vocation and gaining an increased global perspective of course).

I also intend on joining a few clubs during the semester and become familiar with the campus as soon as possible. With that being said, I am not trying to stretch myself too thin and do everything that is available or become annoying to others. The way I see it is that if I want to live like a local, I should be open-minded to different things and not be prone to say no if I am asked to join in on something.

No comments:

Post a Comment