Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Objectifs Professionnels: Vocational Goals

Studying abroad will help me determine whether or not I would like to return to France after obtaining my Bachelor's Degree to teach English in the elementary-level classes. Becoming fluent in the French language, understanding the school system in France, and having an awareness of the expectations for an elementary teacher are a few of the steps I would like to take to determine this. 
UniCaen does not offer volunteer positions to students only studying one semester, but I hope to make connections with international students fulfilling volunteer roles in the local elementary schools to better understand the system.
The classes I will take will allow me to build a working knowledge of the French language and become familiar with literature that increases this learning. I also hope to visit a local elementary school, sit in on a class session, and speak to current teachers. This will help me understand what skills they think are best to be successful in their field. 
If I choose not to be an English teacher in France, gaining the perspective of another culture will help me in my professional and personal career regardless. It will allow be to consider the differences in opinions, values, and attitudes and react accordingly. I want to be a writer as well, and this experience will give me insight that will better my writing as well as exposure to new and different kinds of writing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment