Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Blog Post #1

Next spring I will be studying abroad in Spain. My primary goal for studying in Spain is to become fluent in Spanish and to live among locals to become better acquainted with their culture. I would also like to travel around Spain as well as other countries in Europe. Another goal of mine is to be able to have tapas and wine every week! 

Before heading to Spain, I am worried about the language barrier. I am excited to meet new people and experience their culture; however, I am nervous that my Spanish will not be up to the level of understanding all of my professors. 

The first thing I would like to do to maximize my experience is to make friends who are locals of Madrid so that I can experience the city as a local. I also want to push myself to only speaking Spanish so that I can try to avoid the language barrier as much as possible. Lastly, I want to try as much Spanish things as possible (food) and avoid American chains. 

No comments:

Post a Comment