Wednesday, October 11, 2017

An american Abroad - Spain edition

I believe that I am very aware when it comes cultures that are not my own. My parents raised me to be very observant and to acknowledge differences. They always say take the meat and throw way the bone. Which means be open minded and not defensive. Listen to what others have to say, learn about other people and their cultures for the sake of being educated. To be able to understand and connect to others that are different than you is important. You may not agree with their ideals or practices, however, it is still good to see and understand someone else’s point of view.  I feel like there are a lot of things that I will not learn or completely understand until I live in Spain. However, I feel like by reading and talking to people that are from Spain that I can understand their culture more without just assuming things. I believe that the best way to learn about another culture is to observe and not to make assumptions before you know something for sure.

I feel like everywhere else hates America would like to show people that America isn’t all bad. America is a mix of so many different people and backgrounds and being exposed to that diversity has helped to shape me and how I view others and the world. I by no means know everything and still have tons of room to grow and learn. I am excited to learn all about someone else’s culture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment