Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Academics???? UGHH!?

I am a Writing Communications major with a minor in English Literature. I think being that I am going to Worcester, United Kingdom that my minor is more in tune with the country than my major. However, I think my major has more of an international outlook on things in Worcester. For example, Maryville College doesn't offer any classes in actual public speaking or goes in depth with news broadcasting (i.e. the only broadcasting class I have had here was Mr. Trevathan's Journalism class the 1st semester of my Sophomore year), but the University of Worcester offers courses that pertain to not only my major, but to my future job as a broadcast journalist. Although I wish I could go to the London to just relax and not have to worry about Academics, the fact that I am taking classes at the University of Worcester makes me even more excited about my future study abroad experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment