Thursday, November 30, 2017

Vocation

Vocation is something that I am always trying to discern. But, I do know that I am always in the business of helping others. I have been thinking it would be cool to lead a study group for other Americans abroad. I have recently been excited about the idea of teaching philosophy or religious studies in higher education. So, I would be interested to see if there would be on-campus jobs in the library or as a tutor. This would be a fun, leadership role abroad. The KU is also a very big advocate for being active community members in Eichstätt. They have special programs called volunteer work. "A wide range of student groups, working groups and projects offer opportunities for students to get involved in political, Christian, social and creative initiatives. Alongside their studies KU students campaign for human rights, support conservation and represent the interests of their fellow students."  So, I would love to specifically get involved in one of, or all, of these socially motivated initiatives that will benefit others. This would prove invaluable for many of my other passions such as working with non-profits back home, urban-food ministry within a church context, and advocating for people on the margins of society. Ultimately, I expect to gain skills of intercultural competency, understanding religious behavior in a larger cultural framework, and how to gain the most fulfillment out of life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment