Thursday, November 23, 2017

Blog post 4 - Living Like a Local - Luke Wheat

Living like a local has been the one thing I have had in mind my whole time since I knew I was going to Spain. the ways to achieve that, which I can think of before getting there include; having many friends from the local area, getting involved in extra curricular activities, and eating locally as much as possible so I am in the culture in a more broad aspect. Some extra curricular activities I hope to be involved in include soccer, which is my first option primarily because it is my sport here at Maryville college. I anticipate there to be locals in my classes, but if not I am not really a shy person so I will be able to put myself out there just fine I believe. I believe since my Spanish is advanced at this point that I will have some nerves, but at the same time I have never really had much fear about speaking in a different language because that is the only way to learn. I think it is good the university I am at is close to a big city, that way I can experience both types of life while in Spain. A smaller town in Avila which is about 30 minute west, and Madrid, the big city, which is about 30 minutes east. This is an exciting prospect because I will be able to compare and contrast the living styles in the various places of Spain.

No comments:

Post a Comment