Wednesday, November 1, 2017

An American Abroad: Blog #2

This past summer I was in Spain for three weeks visiting different cities. I learned a lot about the culture that will help prepare me for a semester there this coming spring. I think that knowing the difference between cultural, universal, and personal preferences will better help my understanding of my new environment. I also believe that since I have had experience traveling to other countries I will be able to listen and communicate well with new people. As I have been abroad I have noticed that many people in varying countries have the same ideas about what it means to be an American or living in America. Sometimes these perceptions are correct and sometimes they are misleading. While I am abroad I would like to teach others that Americans are not just one thing and to broaden their knowledge on the different kinds of people in the United States. As I am an international business major I would like to learn more about Spain and the global issues that are occurring. I want to know other peoples opinions about issues and gain knowledge about others. One skill that I would like to focus on while studying abroad is to go outside my comfort zone. I think that I do a good job on trying new things, but sometimes I am more reserved when meeting new people. I would like to branch out and not only befriend locals, but also others who are studying abroad.

No comments:

Post a Comment