Sunday, February 11, 2018

Blog 1: My Goals Abroad

Why do I want to go abroad?


There are so many personal goals I want to achieve during my trip. A major aspect I wish to accomplish while I am abroad is to embrace my independence. I have never been challenged to live in a community completely on my own and service learning abroad will push me to take care of myself, for myself, and by myself.

Another factor that is motivating me, is the opportunity to expand my knowledge on the responsibilities of a family support system. This will give me the chance to dip my feet into the career field I am pursuing before I graduate.

Lastly, I want to travel to become a more well-rounded citizen in the world. All we have is this one life, so I want to make the absolute most of it by encompassing unique elements of a culture.

What do I want to learn: before I go, while I'm there, and after I return?

Before my departure, I would like to learn about the financial systems, laws, and customs practiced in Costa Rica. While I am there, I want to learn about the food that is commonly eaten in Costa Rica and what kind of local activities there are to engage in. After I return, I want to keep up with the current events that are occurring in Costa Rica. On a more personal level, I want to reflect upon my travels and decide what I would like to do next time I am abroad.

What are my fears about going?

Like many other wonderful opportunities in life, there are some fears involved in going abroad. I am very worried about how I am going to be financially stable abroad, as well as what mode of transportation to take while I am there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment