Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Zack Vitale - Blog 1


I’m excited for Finland. I want to make at least two friends while abroad and start a professional network while I’m there. I plan to eat a lot of good food from Finland and some surrounding countries (did I mention I want to travel too?). I’m a little scared, however, because this will be my second time on a plane and only my first time for being on a plane as long as 16 hours!
I’m a tad nervous about getting lost when I land and not making it to classes on time. Additionally, because I deferred from studying abroad in the Spring to taking Summer courses, I’m afraid I might be a student that has “slipped through the cracks.” That is to say I could possibly not have housing when I get there or they might not be able to issue my food stipend as soon as I get there because of mistakes made during this whole study abroad process. That would definitely sour the beginning of my trip. Fortunately, I’ve been saving quite a bit for study abroad, so I should be able to sustain myself for a short time while I’m there.  
Outside of that, I plan to check out some national parks and maybe Santa’s Cottage in Northern Lapland. Or I might change my mind while I’m there. My Finnish culture class is supposed to travel around Finland as well, so I should get some exposure in there as well. Originally, I was going to Finland for this past Spring semester, but plans fell through, so I don’t think I’m going to get to see the northern lights like I wanted to. Overall, though, I’m excited to go and meet a new part of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment