Thursday, May 3, 2018

Blog 4


Since I will be working about 30-40 hours a week, I will spend most of my time at work, working directly with many New Zealanders at my job site. This is where I expect to build part of my friend group for the summer. I will have the opportunity to spend my free time with the locals. I want to take the opportunity to explore the natural beauty the country has to offer while learning about its culture by exploring with locals that I meet during free time and soaking up all they can teach me. I am excited to try new foods, experience a new dialect of the English language, and learn more about this uniquely diverse country. I will attempt to live like a local by reaching out to the actual locals to spend my free time with them, and also by observing how locals work in the Outdoor Education field. I plan to avoid tourist areas and immerse myself in the culture as much as possible. I will undoubtedly return to the States as a more well-rounded individual and will be confident facing challenges at home after navigating a summer in an unfamiliar place and making it my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment