Wednesday, October 16, 2013

About that time to travel

During one weekend when I have less work to do, I hope to go visit the city of lights, Paris. I have always heard that Paris is so beautiful, and I want to go see that. I also have a couple of friends who live there that I hope to visit and hopefully crash at their place so that I may save on some dollars. While I am there, I visit the Eiffel towel, go shopping, and just go site seeing around.

Accomodation:
Hotel: Arty Paris
62, rue des Morillons, Paris, France

  I would stay here for two nights: A night would be $45, so total would be $100.
This is my second option. My first option will be to ask my friends if I can stay at their place, which would save me this $100 of accomodation
 http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/Arty-Paris/Paris/64845?dateFrom=2013-10-17&dateTo=2013-10-20

Transportation:
  I would take TGV from Lille to Paris for $50, although this is the price, it might change because I will definately get a euro card for subway that I can use more than once.

http://www.raileurope.com/us/point_to_point/ptp_results.htm?execution=e1s1&resultId=78652309&cobrand=public&saleCountry=us&resultId=78652309&cobrand=public&saleCountry=us&rows=1&itemId=-1&fn=fsRequest&cobrand=public&c=USD&isAtocRequest=0&georequest=1&v=&roundtrip=0&from0=LILLE&to0=PARIS&deptDate0=10/23/2013&time0=12&nA=1&nY=0&nS=0

Mostly in Paris, I would be walking to places, of just taking the public transportation


Priorities and places to visit:
 I want to go to see the
- Eiffel tower,
-Champs Elysees,
- Notre Dame de Paris,
-The louvre, and
- Arc de triomphe

Food:
I want to try these foods, at least three of them
- Pain au chocolat
- Croque Monsieur
-Crepes
-Escargot
-Fromage

Tentative itenerary
Friday:
- 1pm: Go to the metro station
- 2:30pm: Leave Lille
- 4:30pm: Arrive
- 5:30pm: Meet up with friends,
- 630pm and over: Hang out with friends, go get food, and go to the Eiffel tower

Saturday
- Day of travel
- Grab breakfast
- Then go to Champs-Elysees, Arc du Triomphe, the Louvre
-At night, go out with friends

Friday:
_ Go to mass to Notre Dame de Paris
- Come back for lunch and say good byes
- Go catch my train back to Lille at 5:30pm

This is just thoughts that I have, I am pretty sure once I get there my friends will recommend better and cheaper ways to make this weekend trip happen. As of now, I think that I would budget $250 for this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment