Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Weekend travel in Argentina


While I’m certainly not an expert on Argentina, there are a few things I know about it so far. First, I know that Argentina LOVES its fútbol. Second, I know that I have a few friends that live in Argentina. Seeing as those are two things that I am very sure of, I’m drawn to take a trip to Rosario—a city in northeast Argentina. For me, this trip gives me a chance to experience a city with a great soccer history and also lets me visit with some friends in true Argentine fashion.

This trip will be a Friday-Sunday trip. As far as accommodation goes, I have 3 people in Rosario that I can stay with. If that doesn’t work out, I think I would really enjoy staying in hostels. Two that I can stay at for extremely cheap are Che Pampas and Hostel La Comunidad. If those don’t work, there are plenty of other hostels in the area.


To get there, bus travel appears to be the easiest. It’s a 7 hour ride, but at around 55 argentine pesos (roughly 10 USD), it is undoubtedly the best option. While there, buses are apparently extremely abundant and cheap (AR$1.25). If not, there’s a bike rental service that seems like it would be like a lot of fun too. 


When I get there Friday night, it will more than likely be later. Because of that, the first night I’ll stay in a hostel. Saturday, my plan is to wake up and meet up with some of my friends. I’ll spend the day on the town with them, going to places like the river beaches (Costanera norte) and letting them take me to get some authentic Argentine food. I’ve heard a lot about the meat in Argentina, so I’d like to try and eat at Lo Mejor del Centro, a restaurant known for meat and cheap prices (AR$16-32; hopefully not something I’ll regret). 
Costanera Norte... One of the many river beaches in Rosario.
(http://www.welcomeargentina.com/rosario/costanera-rosario.html)


Another priority Saturday is to go and watch Newell’s Old Boys play. Newell’s Old Boys is a professional soccer team in Rosario that has tremendous soccer history. Watching their game would be anywhere from 10-25USD and would be a fantastic experience of the culture in Argentina. Saturday night I would stay with one of my buddy’s or in the hostel once again. Sunday I would wake up, get back on the bus, and enjoy a 7 hour bus ride back to Córdoba.  

Newell's Old Boys!! (https://blog.psk.hr/jos-samo-4-koraka-do-cilja-18958/)




No comments:

Post a Comment