Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Adventures at Maryville College...so far

I picked 14 pictures that show the adventures I have had at Maryville College. Some of them good and some not so much, but each memory made me grow as a person.

Picture #1:
Type of photo: posed
Where it all began.


Picture #2:
Type of photo: posed and playful.
This was the first photo I took at Maryville College. This was my great beginnings group, and we were off to hike at Ijams. There are some people who have smiles and some who are being silly. This was my first group of friends.

Picture #3: 
Type of photo: posed
This was me touching the famous Covenant stone. Oh and I still have my braces in this picture. Give it up to one of the few freshmen in college that still had braces.

Picture #4:
Type of photo: posed, playful
I met a goofyer goober than myself. We have been dating for a year and a half.


Picture #5:
Type of photo: Posed, playful, and location.
This was my first Maryville College dance! It was our Halloween dance, and I went with a girl I danced with. She is now one of my best friends. Maryville has lead me to meet people I will never grow apart from. (p.s. I am a flapper, she is the mad-hatter)

Picture #6: 
Type of photo: Sports, out of focus (my dad took it with his iPhone)
This was the first show I did with the Maryville College Dance Ensemble. I have danced ballet, jazz, modern, lyrical, and pointe since I was five. So coming here to an amazing group of girls that share the same passion as me was beyond perfect. I am currently an officer for the ensemble, and they are my second family.

Picture #7:
Type of photo: Playful, luck
My dad would Facetime me a lot my freshman year. This was a lucky screenshot I took of him being goofy during one of our chats. He is the coolest pops in the whole world. And he probably shouldn't know I showed this to the internet. He might kill me.

Picture #8:
Type of photo: Street photography, candid
I put together a street clean up with Keep Blount Beautiful for the dance ensemble. We had some people taking pictures of us during our clean up. This was great for the environment and a team bonding experience. 

Picture #9: 
Type of photo: Background, nature, luck
The summer before my sophomore year my dad and I went hiking all over the Smokey Mountains. This is a photo I captured of Clingman's Dome. The last second my dad put his arm in front of the camera. But it worked out and looks cool. 
Picture #9:
Type of photo: Squatting down, borrowed photo
I got my first job when I started going to Maryville. I am a server at Barley's. This picture was a night a customer gave me butterfly wings (and yes I wore them while serving people) and a friend of mine snapped this picture while I was posing for my coworkers. He took it behind me, squatting down. This job is so flexible with school, and I work with such amazing people.

Picture #10:
Type of photo: Posed, playful
I got to be part of my very first musical. Legally Blonde the Musical was so fun. I was a dancer, and in this photo we are all prisoners for Brooke Windom. If you haven't seen this movie, I am judging you. This picture shows how hilarious my friends are. 

Picture #11:
Type of photo: Action, playful, luck
This spring break was my very first trip without adults. My best friends and I went to the beach and got so sunburn. It was awesome. This picture was preburn, but we took a thousand pictures before we finally got it right. It was such an amazing trip.

Picture #12:
Type of photo: Nature
This is why I love the beach. The sunsets are perfect.

Picture #13:
Type of photo: Luck, playful, and really awesome
While at the beach, I got to hold a baby sand shark. It was so smooth, and his teeth were sharp. I got to release it afterwards. But dude, who can say that got to hold a shark?

Picture #14:
Type of photo: Playful, candid
My best friends went with me just the other day to get my first tattoo. This was taken during my tattoo procedure. I got it in memory of my grandmother. It did not hurt, and I got to do something bucket list worthy with my best friends. 

Each memory is so precious to me. And I know I have two more years of untold adventures to look forward too. 



No comments:

Post a Comment