Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Time is of the Essence...

Jessica Callihan


These are my "girls".  They love to play in the very little amount of snow that East TN sees....and so do we!

These are hand tied flies used for my favorite sport that I can still participate in: Fly Fishing.  Of course, my husband made them but whenever people ask and he's around...I made them!  The look on his face is priceless!

Don't let her sweet face fool you....she's a cold blooded killer.  Two more minutes with the stuffed toy and we will be performing a burial in the trashcan!

Her face tells it all!  When I come home from school, this is what I have greeting me at the door.

No manners!!!  Sticking her tongue out at me! :)


Remember the cold blooded killer????  Ta Da!!!

Home Sweet Home!

My husband Josh and his amazing snowman building skills!  Such a heartfelt and fun activity for us...until he starts a snowball fight.  You think he'd learn after 6 years...I'm from Michigan, snowball fights are second nature but my aim is second to none!

My other passion and what I am studying here at Maryville College...art!  This is a pastel drawing I did this year.

Fun times when Josh and I get out on the river together!  Makes homework much more doable when I am relaxed.

I am the queen of finding four leaf clovers!!!  My husband can look for hours and not find one; me, two minutes and I have a collection going.  (Personally, I think it's because of my ability to recognize pattern but I don't tell him that!)

A class I am in this semester...Printmaking.  One of the most difficult and challenging classes I have ever taken...I love it!  It involves design, math, creativity, mechanics, etc.  woohoo!

The middle process of printmaking...rolling on the ink.  Sounds easy right???  WRONG!

TA DA!!!!

One of my favorite-est :) views from Maryville College...the extremely old, extremely beautiful staircase leading to campus.  I will be honest...I admire them from afar, my foot has never passed the first step!

The most beautiful campus in America!  Blount County best garden winner too-not too shabby!

In a picture, far, far away, you can see the infamous Anderson Hall!  

With my supportive and encouraging husband doing our best "GRRRR" face! 

One of my favorite places to fish; Bald River Falls!!!!

Another pastel!

Thought I had better put a picture of me with a fish so people know I don't just go to take pictures.  :)



This is my wonderful life while attending school.  You cannot beat the surroundings nor the people.  There is just something about East TN that feels like home no matter if you are native or a "damn Yankee" like me!

No comments:

Post a Comment