Sunday, September 13, 2015

Jacob's Objectives

    Much of my personal agenda for studying abroad is indeed personal and will not be disclosed here.  I am comfortable discussing, however, a select few objectives of mine for my overseas study experience.  My primary motivations for overseas study are as follows:

  • Fulfill the International Business major requirement for study abroad by studying abroad.
  • Develop my professional and personal capabilities through intensive university study at an overseas institution.
  • Progress and grow in a holistic way on a fundamental level through experience of another, very different land, people, culture, and society.
    My chief apprehension is that I will be lonely in Sweden.  I feel that there is a real probability I will feel alone even though I am surrounded by others.  I think that I am capable of overcoming this obstacle, though.

  My chief excitement is that I will fall in love with Stockholm's people and society and become a more mature and poised individual.

In order to truly maximize my experience, I will:

  1. Be receptive and open-minded as much as possible; quick to listen and slow to speak
  2. Strive to appreciate the seemingly small joys
  3. Remember that my contributions to the host country and community are important, however small.

No comments:

Post a Comment