Thursday, September 10, 2015

My Goals in South Korea

“What? South Korea? You are from South Korea” that was my friends’ reaction when I told them I am planning to study abroad in South Korea. As the sentence says, I am from South Korea. While I will be in South Korea, I want to spend my semester just as like normal Korean students. Since I was 15, I spent my life in U.S. and I felt I lost the chance to experience Korean college. But when I heard Maryville College offers study abroad opportunities to student, I was really excited. I want to experience Korean College life and tell my American friends how it was and recommend them.
Since my first choice Yonsei University is not that far from my grandparents’ house. I am expecting to visit them at least once every two weeks. My heart broke down when my aunt called my mom last week telling her that my grandmother will have a surgery on this coming Monday. So my second goal is to have some time with my grandparent. And my main goal is learning more deeply about Management and Economics under amazing professors from Yonsei with Korea life experiences.
To maximize my learning, I will join clubs. I am expecting to join English writing club. Also I will take some English lecture courses and some Korean lecture courses too. If I get a chance, I would love to visit other Korean cities too. I had lived in Seoul for 15 years and didn’t get many chances to visit other cities. Traveling always gives me something that I didn’t expect like great views, great feelings and great understanding of that area.
I have lots of fears about leaving U.S. and living in South Korea. I had amazing memories in MC and this made me worry about “What if life in Seoul is not what I thought it would be” but I know everyone at least think of this before they leave. And this is healthy-worries that would make my journey even more fantastic and make me totally prepared for the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment