Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Vocation

For this blog, please explain how studying abroad (at your chosen school, city, country, etc) contributes to your vocational goals.  Research ways you can be involved, or have a leadership role on campus or in your community abroad.  Please outline at least one thing that you will do consciously while abroad to help yourself take one step toward achieving your vocational or career goals and how it will help you. (eg. seeking out an internship, volunteering in your field, field research, taking a specific class)  What skills do you expect to gain that will help you in your future career?
As I wish to one day become a teacher in Japan, studying abroad is extremely relevant to my desired occupation. I am already in the middle of getting IRB approval to complete research for my senior thesis while at Ristumeikan Asia Pacific University, and have received e-mail conformation from my on-site coordinator that everything should be fine. 
As I only have two months in my university, I will need to try to engage in every activity possible in order to get the most out of the experience. I wish to become involved in Ritsumeikan's English club as well as some of the culture-based clubs while on campus. I am going to consciously try everyday to engage in conversation as much as possible while there, even if I am not completely sure that I am saying is correct. By doing this, I hope to become more comfortable with how to speak and act in Japan. Specifically by being part in the English club, I hope to be able to learn the best ways to teach Japanese people and how a Japanese-English class operates.

No comments:

Post a Comment