Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Vocational Goals

For this blog, please explain how studying abroad (at your chosen school, city, country, etc) contributes to your vocational goals.  Research ways you can be involved, or have a leadership role on campus or in your community abroad.  Please outline at least one thing that you will do consciously while abroad to help yourself take one step toward achieving your vocational or career goals and how it will help you. (eg. seeking out an internship, volunteering in your field, field research, taking a specific class)  What skills do you expect to gain that will help you in your future career?


In the future I hope to do something with therapy, such as physical therapy. A great thing about the University of Jyvaskyla is that it has a great sport and exercise psychology program. There are many clubs and organizations that I can get involved with at the University of Jyvaskyla. One organization I found is a student organization for my particular subject major. This is a great way to get involved on the campus, as well as get to know other students with similar goals. During the four weeks I am studying I hope to be as involved as I can. To get one step closer toward my goals I am taking a dance therapy class. The dance therapy class I will be taking emphasizes experiential learning, which is a great way for me to learn more about therapy by actually doing movement workshops. While abroad, I expect to gain insight on Art Therapies and the different kinds of therapy programs, which might influence my career goals. I also expect to grow as a person while studying abroad. Being on my own will make me more independent as well as help me gain better communication skills, which will be useful in the future. I am still a little hesitant on my future career, so I hope by taking the dance therapy class I will have a more permanent idea of my future career.  

No comments:

Post a Comment