Friday, April 29, 2016

Vocation

My vocational goals as of now are to be a high school teacher and coach soccer. Studying abroad will help me to be further prepared to be able to obtain these goals. While studying abroad I will be participating in the language and culture program. This will consist of different classes structured for the purpose of enhancing my knowledge on the culture and language of Spain. As a teacher I will be qualified to teach Spanish. As this is my favorite subject, my main goal for studying abroad is to enhance my proficiency of the language and improve my knowledge of the culture to be able to teach this subject. Through this program I will be able to do both of these and these skills will directly translate to teaching Spanish which will help me with my vocational goals. Additionally, while in Spain I would like to try to at least get out and play some pick-up soccer if not try to play on a team. This will allow me to get out and meet more people in the community and learn more about the people and their culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment