Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Academic Differences: Spain v United States

1. Final exams: In the USA I am adjusted to having final exams that count for a portion of the grade, but a smaller amount. In Spain, the emphasis and the bulk of the grade is generally placed at the end of the semester. I will have to try not to procrastinate until the last moment to finish all my final projects.

2. Teacher relations: From what I have researched, I would suggests that Spanish professors tend to be lest involved. The teacher typically lectures and the students are to write down all that they can.

3. Costs: The costs in Spanish universities tend to be less than in the USA. This means that my purchasing of test books will probably cost way less.

4. Grading system: The Spanish grading system runs on a 1-10 grading scale in which 10 is the very best that one can attain. However, it is not unusual to receive a 5 and most people are okay with making such a grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment