Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Vocation

I knew I wanted to teach at an International school at age 13. My uncle, aunt, and two cousins had moved to Venezuela for my uncle's job. They came back to Tennessee every summer to visit and with each visit I heard more amazing stories about the school my cousins were attending. As a 13 year old who had lived in one state her whole life, I was so intrigued. The stories they told about their friends from all around the world and the things they were learning impressed me so much. 

Teaching at a school in another country has remained my main goal for my future career. My student teaching experience in Germany is the first step in reaching this goal. This opportunity will give me a better idea of whether or not I can survive living outside of the United States. I will get to compare German school to American school and use what I learn in this experience to make me a more diverse teacher. 

While in Germany, I have plans to take trips to Switzerland and Belgium to visit some International schools. I am planning on meeting with my Uncle's friend who is the director of a school in Zurich. He will be able to show me the school and give me tips for finding a job at an International school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment