Wednesday, November 9, 2016

How Not To Be A Tourist

One of my biggest goals for studying abroad is to live like a local and to not be seen as a tourist. I know that this will take a while to do, but I am already trying my hand at it. I am preparing and learning about the style, about eating habits, and the main form of transportation.

I obviously love theatre and I hope that I will be able to join a theatre department in Switzerland. This will allow me to branch out of my comfort zone from an acting stand point, but it will also connect me to people and help me make friends. 

I chose to live in an apartment where I would have a suitemate. This will be an automatic person that I will see on a regular basis and will hopefully be able to confide in and connect to on a deep and emotional level.

I have plans to join clubs and groups on campus to help me with becoming acclimated to my new school. I also would love to find a church or a bible study group of some sort in Switzerland. This will keep me grounded in my faith, but will also provide me with a support system.  

Although there will certainly be struggles that fit with my new lifestyle, I am completely confident in myself that I will be able to handle it in a positive manner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment