Thursday, February 13, 2014

Wanderlust and Other Adventures: Brieana Kepley

So here I am, sitting here, writing this blog entry as I start my next journey.

Journeys come in all shapes and sizes,  all kinds of forms, and this one is going to be one of my biggest ones yet. I thought studying abroad for a month in Ireland was big, no, studying for a whole semester is even bigger than that!

Which leads to the question everyone is dying to ask, "Why bother? Why study abroad again when you've already done it? What'll you gain from this?" Well reader, I can answer that in a few words, but for once I guess I won't be so concise.

Have you ever loved to do something so much that you dream about it at night? Have you wanted to learn about something so much that you lose hours of your day studying and browsing and bending over backwards to find the answers to even the minutest of questions? Surely you have, everyone has, and if you haven't yet had that urge well then I can say one of these days you'll find it and you'll be amazed.

My passion, my absolute calling in life, and the thing that keeps me up at night is travel and cultures. Learning about travel, learning about culture, talking about it, teaching others about it, I think you get the idea. It my obsession, and my lifelong goal is to get others just as excited about it as I am. What better way to be able to accomplish that goal than to travel and learn as much as I can, and then pass my experiences and findings on to others? In a way it's like killing two birds with one stone. I get to do what I love, and by doing it I will eventually be able to help (and maybe even influence) others.

Some would think that such a grandiose idea would leave me feeling worried or scared about taking this trip. On the contrary my dear reader it excites me! Of course I'll miss home and my friends and my professors, but I'm going on an adventure, a veritable quest. I'm practically the star of my own adventure novel, but at least I know there're no fire breathing dragons waiting for me as I make my way along. Of course I feel worried, I could never say that I have absolutely no fears, but my joy overrides it in a way.

I've got plenty of time to blather at you though about my hopes and dreams and feelings later on. For now dear readers I leave you with a simply checklist:

Study Quest Top 3:

1.  Make at least one lasting friendship while I'm abroad

2.  Learn about the culture of the place I'm going and experience at least one thing specific to its culture

3.  Keep a journal of my experiences

Bonus:
HAVE FUN~!

No comments:

Post a Comment