Monday, September 29, 2014

Arrivederci America, Ciao Italia!

My Study abroad will bring about and out different strengths and weaknesses in me.

Weaknesses:

1)      Learning to be more go with the flow.

2)      I need to work on being more flexible

3)      I will have trouble leaving my family

4)      I will have to adapt to the high or low context being a slightly low context person.

Which I am working more everyday on the learning to go with the flow aspect of life.  The flexible part is going to be the hard one since I have OCD and need to have a schedule and everything wrote down and planned out.  Leaving my family will be extremely hard, but I will still get to see them through technology and talk to them I will be said, but I need the experience of independence such as this study abroad.  My context will hurt me depending on where Italy falls on the low or high context side.

Strengths:

1)      Being mostly independent

2)      Being mostly open

3)      Having the capability to want to adapt for the culture

4)      Being a Low range Low Context Person

Being for the most part independent has given me the ability to work and learn on my own that I can do anything if I try and attempt to succeed.  Being open will help me immerse myself into the culture faster and hopefully open me up to talking a little more about myself in the process.  I want to change in some ways to help me adapt into their culture, so I have the willingness to adapt.  Yet again the low or high context can effect which way I will go being a slightly low context person.

My American Culture:
I want to bring my culture in the ways of Patriotic (as a part of a military family, but not overly so), the southern style foods we love, The way I talk or the language I use,  What sports I watch, How I dress, How I act, Traditions, and more.  Most importantly I just want to be me and adapt into their culture while sharing mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment