Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Roses Abroad-Red In A Sea Of Black&White

The image of my studying abroad is steadily gaining Color.

My aspirations & Personal vendetta:

Among many things I hope to break through my limited scope of how the world really looks and try to widen my horizons  in terms of what I can accomplish personally with my independent mind and my strong willed perseverance. I would like to experience building new comforts zones and the joy of learning to surpass them.


  • I want to learn how to navigate alone in a foreign country
  • Learn more about opportunities that can be had when living in another country (internships)
  • Gain perspective in how market life works into social culture.

The Feels (*.*)/:

 I am currently FREAKING out but Inside.

Everyone's starting to get placed and I'm sure I'll be the one being placed soon but Holy crap is it nerve racking.  We had our first meeting a few days ago and I can still feel the anxiety from my last meeting.

》The uncertainty is making me feel on edge, like if someone was holding me suspended from about two inches of a freezing pool of water. Yet I feel like that very fact of me freaking out is going to make everything that much sweeter in the end. 
◆My biggest fear emotionally is not feeling that anything was accomplished while abroad.  I know it's really cheesy but I'm all about fulfillment.  I have to know that what I do, or at least feel that what I do has purpose in the greater scheme of my life. 
◆After my general pre-travel anxiety has passed I'm sure a new panic will emerge when I start to examine the fact that I have to really leave the comfort of what my security in the United States means to me.
■NUMBER ONE CONCERN: FAMILY

I already live far away

It's about to go to a whole new level.

■NUMÉRO DOS: FRIENDS
Missing my peepes at home and making new homies.

Taking my experience to the max:

★To really jump into the culture I will join in to local festivities as much as possible.
☆join school clubs,  I know I'd want others to join my club at home.
★Try to not just travel around having fun but I'm going to try to leave something behind too,  I want to represent myself as more than just a school rep.




No comments:

Post a Comment