Thursday, February 16, 2017

Goals

I have quite a few goals that I want to share with everyone and maybe some of them are the same.

First off, I am a Spanish major and I am going to study abroad in Puerto Rico for my semester abroad. One of the biggest goals that I have is to become fully fluent in the Spanish language. I have always said that I wanted to become fluent in Spanish before I graduated college. Therefore, I will be fulfilling a life goal and a study abroad goal with that.

Another goal that I would like to achieve is to do well in all of my classes. Since I will be studying in a different language, I know that my classes will be tough for a little while until I get fully comfortable with speaking in another language all the time. This is definitely my biggest goal.

I want to be a great student while I am there, but I also want to be a tourist. I want to see all that I am able while I am there. Whether that be the capital city, mountains, beaches, etc. One thing that I think would be really cool while I am there is to go to another country in the Caribbean.

I think that another big goal of mine would to become fully immersed into the Puerto Rican culture. This might be a tough goal at first because it will be different than what I am used to being in. I want to try a lot of new things while I am there such as foods, friends, families, and pretty much just do whatever they do on a daily basis. I think this will be a very cool experience and I am very excited to go to Puerto Rico for the fall semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment