Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Why I'm Studying Abroad


My goals for studying abroad are: 1) to complete my International Studies major and my Japanese minor. 2) To better learn Japanese. I have been learning Japanese for years now and am good at understanding, but I don't do well with speaking. 3) To experience a culture different from my own. I have never left the country so I am taking this opportunity to learn and experience another culture. 4) To acquire adaptation skills for future professions. I really admire the Japanese work ethic. Also I plan to work in Japan; having this experience will help me acquire that occupation. and 4) to take the first step to becoming a globalized individual who is aware of culture differences and how it affects our world. Since I've never left the U.S., it's difficult for me to see the world outside the U.S. stereotypes provided by media and Americans. I want to see the world for myself and studying abroad is how I want to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment