Thursday, September 26, 2013

Argentina!

New Culture or First Long-term Experience Abroad:
Some strength that I have found when I used my Self-Audit Activities is that I have a strong sense of openness.  I love new foods and will try anything to see how it tastes.  I have experience traveling out of the country to Cuba and speaking Spanish.  I also have Hispanic friends whom I converse with here in the United States.  I am a Spanish major so learning a new language is my passion.  Different accents and regions will have different sounding spoken Spanish and I cannot wait to find out how I will adapt to Argentina’s style of speech.  I want to be fully immersed in this travel abroad experience so that I can hopefully come back fluent in Spanish.
However, some challenges that I will face ARE the different accents.  Argentina speaks very differently and pronounces words uniquely other than say Spain.  A strategy that might help me to adapt to this change would be to listen to Argentinian music or possibly watch some clips of people speaking in Argentina to help me be more prepared for the speech differences.  
As an American, I want to bring the cultures and aspects of identity of American food, clothes, and attitude for openness, faith, my English to share, activities/games played in the United States and movies/music with me to Argentina to share and educate the native Argentinians. 



No comments:

Post a Comment