Wednesday, September 4, 2013

RACHEL: GOAL-SETTING & MAXIMIZING MY EXPERIENCE IN SCOTLAND

by Rachel Burton

1. My main goal for studying abroad is to live in a different country and in the culture comfortably, to fit in and adopt it as my own for a semester. I also want to accomplish receiving a different style of education and consider the similarities and differences as academia in America.

2. I am excited mostly, but have little fear about "fitting into" another culture. I want to be able to reach out to people and talk to them without any conflict or judgment. I don't want to just be "that American girl." I hope to find a name for myself over there and be involved at the university just like any student from Scotland would.

3. I want to join clubs and find extracirriculars, such as dance or choir, like ones that I am apart of at MC so I can compare them and bring my knowledge back to MC with me. I also want to be apart of an organization or club or hobby that is not offered here so I can get a wide range of experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment