Wednesday, September 11, 2013

EMMA: GOAL-SETTING & MAXIMIZING MY EXPERIENCE IN THE UAE


by Emma Slaymaker

I have never been out of the country, and I have a tendency to get homesick. It stands to reason that I would definitely be nervous about studying abroad, but I also couldn’t be more excited. This experience of studying abroad in the United Arab Emirates will be a milestone in my life, and a great opportunity. I have looked at and considered many other schools, but whenever I imagine studying abroad I see myself studying in the UAE. I want to immerse myself in a very different culture, and I have developed an interest in Middle Eastern culture. I also want to start learning Arabic language, and I’m so thrilled to have the chance to learn in an Arabic country.



In addition to unique learning experiences, I would like to explore the UAE as much as I can. I know that safe travel may be limited in some Middle Eastern areas as an American woman, but I don’t think that will hinder my experience. There will still be ample opportunity to explore, I’m sure. I would really like to travel out to the desert and ride Arabian horses at some point while I’m there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment