Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Breathe. Think. Blink. Plan.

Passport:Check. Travel Dictionary: Check Sanity? Um...


Going abroad has always seemed such a far away thought for me, no matter how badly I wanted to go s a child. I was always told that the journey would be hard, tough,and at times, “you’re gonna wanna cry...’cause you’re a big baby, baby”. Well, now the tables have turned, and my mother is the one crying while I check flight prices thrice a week. I would have never thought I could have the opportunity to travel abroad, never mind study, but I do. That thought alone has, on occasion, terrified me.


However, as many know, I’m always well planned, a bit of a control freak, and kind to a fault. I want to go not to have fun. My main purpose isn't to have a good time. It will play in, no doubt: I’m headed to the land of the rising sun. In my agenda, I have four bullet points.
Things Arieal Shall Do Abroad:
  • Make a leather-bound Travel Journal
  • Study what I love [Hands On/In Class]
  • Be changed
  • Intern/shadow businessmen
Now, I don’t know about you, but If I can do that, I’m solid.I can come home and not cry. But if I can’t do those things, why did I leave America in the first place? I want a journal of hand pasted pictures and quotes, I want to take a flower arrangement class, have some spiritual healing, and meet a business man! It may sound like a weird list to anyone else and that’s fine, ‘cause it’s my list! It applies to me. These are the things I value and consider important: education and intelligence. I have another list of course. These are my personal goals, things that come a filter on a down day, or as a reward for working hard. These are the fun things, that will happen probably by accident, knowing myself.
Have Some Fun!!
  • Eat something you hate
  • Hike a trail
  • Do something crazy to my hair
  • Go to church
  • Visit the ocean [But no swimming!]
  • Sing at the top of my lungs somewhere, somehow


I will be an independent adult in a foreign country

I won’t lie; I can’t lie. I’m scared. Will I have all my papers? Will I remember my manners? The language? My shoes? All jokes aside, This is a daunting, but worthwhile task that I’ve decided upon for myself, and no matter how scared I get, I’m thrilled. I’m about to go to the foreign country of my dreams, and experience a whole new world. And you know what: no one will be able to ever take that away from me. It’s a powerful thought. It makes my head hurt and my vision swim, and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

"So do not Fear"
~Arieal

No comments:

Post a Comment