Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Chile

Studying abroad is something I have dreamed of doing since I was a little kid. Now that the time has come, I am both excited and nervous. I have traveled all over the United States but have never traveled outside of the country. This will be the experience of a lifetime and hopefully the first of many.

My main goal while spending six weeks in Chile is to learn the Spanish language; not just your every day vocabulary, but I want to be able to speak to fluent Spanish speakers with confidence. I will be going on this trip alone and living with a host family. I am hoping that they will be understanding while I am learning how to speak their language! Meeting them is one of the things I am most excited about.

Another goal that I have is to learn the cultures and traditions of people from Chile. As an international business major, I think this will help me see how people of different origins communicate and interact in all aspects of their day.

I am beyond excited to start this journey in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment