Thursday, February 5, 2015

London Study

Summer in London


I have been out of the country before but never to Europe. I am curious to see how their culture differs from ours. Its hard to imagine what other people do in their every day life and reading books does not satisfy this for me. I would like to experience it and engulf myself into their culture. Although my program might change to Prague I feel the same about both programs. I am interested both locations and furthering my knowledge about them. Another reason for this study is to explore the wonders the country has to offer. I believe it is very different to see a monument on TV and to see it in person. Traveling offers culture change and experiences that can not be achieved in the United States.


Many emotions come with planning this trip but its not excitement or fear. Mostly frustration because the process involved with planning this study is very confusing and difficult. Although I am excited to journey across the world, frustration overcomes that feeling. Once my paper is completed and my ticket is booked is when all the emotions will hit me. I have spoken to many individuals who have studied and visited London. They have eliminated many of my concerns by acting as a personal tour guide on what to expect. By also illustrating the dangers and assuring me that they are minimal. I took their advice dearly because many of them have ventured there many times.


Along with giving me expectations for this trip, I have been told the best locations to visit while I am on my trip. Taking into account what I have been told and research I have composed a list of the things I would like to while abroad. First and foremost I would like to visit an array of monuments which include Stonehenge and many museums. Secondly, I would like to make friends that are locals and can show me what London is really like not just what tourist get to see. This is one of my biggest concerns because any one can visit London and receive a generic experience. Thirdly, I would like to learn a lot from the class I will be taking. Especially since it is influenced greatly by U.K. culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment