Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Adulting after Study Abroad

My experience while abroad will not only be a gem on my resume but lead to my vocational development in a few ways:

  • Bilingual 
  • Volunteering over 70 hours in Puebla, Mexico
  • Experience with traveling in a foreign country
  • Living with a host family for 5 months
  • Learning basic Portuguese 
  • Completing a senior study based on firsthand research in another country

When I join the adult world (though is scares me to think about it) study abroad will have prepared me for:

  • Applying to Peace Corps
  • Grad School interviews 
  • Jobs requiring bilingual ability
  • Being a packing genius 
  • Interaction with culturally diverse people 

Life skills that I don't know how I've made it this far without:

  • Making Mexican rice from scratch
  • Memorizing the recipe for tamales 
  • All the Mexican bad words
  • Big city life
  • Pronouncing Popocatépetl and Iztaccíhuatl, the two volcanoes visible from Puebla, Mexico


No comments:

Post a Comment