Wednesday, May 10, 2017

For The Future! (Vocation)


My a couple of my vocation goals include working outside my home country and working with people from different cultures from my own. Studying abroad in a country, whose culture I’ve always had interest in, will allow me to develop adjustment strategies for entering other countries. The experience will also add to my resume when applying for international jobs. Something I will do consciously while abroad is put myself in uncomfortable situations (but not any situation that will greatly stress me out, because I think I’ll be stressed enough). For example, being an active member in the Japanese Plaza. I’m better at hearing Japanese than speaking it. But, by trying to speak, even if my grammar isn’t entirely correct, will help me improve in my Japanese. The skills I want to gain include: applying communication strategies that will allow me to better interact with those from a different culture, a higher level of Japanese so that I may have a higher chance of getting a job in Japan, and advanced planning and quick thinking skills - I hope to gain these two because I may need to be flexible with time in my future vocation, so having a plan for most cases and thinking of a quick and efficient solution will lessen the stress of work by knowing I can fix unexpected issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment