Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Vocation

I think studying in Bodø will give me a chance to practice full immersion into a foreign culture. In the future I hope to use the skills I learn from optometry school to either work with Doctors without borders or a healthcare mission trip. In fields like that it is important to be able to quickly immerse into culture so that the patients trust you. A large problem that providers occur in foreign countries is the citizens not trusting them or thinking they won’t understand the situation. I think having experience in this area before jumping into the mission work will aide me in the future.

                  I also plan to take an Experience of Pedagogy class that will focus on the education of children and what techniques Norway have found to be successful in teaching younger children. While I don’t plan to be in education, I hope to specialized in visual therapy which mainly focuses on fixing vision issues that are caused by incorrect development of eye muscles. I think this class will help me greatly when it comes to working with children in the health care setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment