Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Living like a Norwegian

Studying abroad will feel like being at a new school all over again. Everything is an unknown, direction and culture. Although this might scare some, I think this might be one of the most important and fun times. Don’t get me wrong, it will absolutely be hard at some times but why should it be easy? The best things happen when you are outside your comfort zone. Maryville College is quite comfortable for me, Nord University will not be in any way. I am excited to be outside my comfort zone because I will be ready to experience that. Coming in as a freshman, I was not ready. I think my understanding that it will be hard but rewarding will help me hold a better mindset to experience the unknown.
Living like a local is going to be very important to me. I think it would be a shame to go abroad and only interact with people from the US. Luckily, there will be very few international students and I will be forced to interact with locals. I also will be sharing a kitchen with 10 other people so I think that will make it easier to meet people.

I think my everyday life there will be filled with being in awe of everything I come across. Everything will be so new and exciting and I absolutely can’t wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment