Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Intercultural Competency

I plan to get involved with campus or community by looking to join temporary clubs or a local gym. I hope this will allow me to create friendships which will help me learn the culture more. Living like a local to me means that I fit in to the Argentine society. It means that I am accepted as one of their own. This is important to me because I want to fully adapt to the culture and and fit in like a local. Everyday I plan to just do something out of my comfort zone and just to explore the city with friends and locals. I also plan to ask a lot of questions to get a better understanding about the new culture I'm in. Some opportunities I expect to find are festivals or any type of field trips my institution will ask for. I plan to make local friends by going out a lot or joining a gym like I said before. The one thing I hope to gain the most is to learn how to be accepting and the ability to adapt to a new culture. One thing that will help ease my transition will be knowing that I need to do stuff outside of my comfort zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment