Wednesday, March 15, 2017

An American Abroad

This summer in Argentina will be the first time I will be out of the country, but this will not be the first time i have travelled or lived far away from any support system. I feel the easiest part for me to adapt to the change in culture, being from Texas there was a degree of culture shock coming to Tennessee. I feel i handled it well and will continue to adapt by keeping an open mind to another culture point of view. While keeping an open mind and trying to remember other's point of view are my strengths i feel my biggest difficulties will be expressing my action while trying to maintain and adapt my own values. It is sometimes difficult to express myself here, Feel it will be a lot more difficult to express myself in a foreign culture. My biggest thing i am going to try an remember is to keep calm and try to be as clear as possible with my intent. My own culture will be the largest thing I bring to Argentina. I feel that if I keep the attitude of excitement i have currently and don't get to low with lows I can be a great example of what people are like back in America instead of the stereotypes they maybe accustom to.

No comments:

Post a Comment