Wednesday, March 15, 2017

An American Abroad

This fall semester I will be an American abroad in Puerto Rico. Even though Puerto Rico is part of the United States, I will still face adversity while I am there. Puerto Rico is a mix of American and Latin American cultures. I have never been out of the country before, so this will be a very different experience for me. I think that I will really enjoy being there for a few reasons. One of the biggest reasons I will like it is because I love learning about other cultures (especially Latin American cultures). I am excited to learn about the Puerto Rican culture and better my Spanish language skills. While doing this, I will face some adversity such as being immersed in the Spanish language when I am not used to that. Another might be the classroom setting. The classes might be different than what I am used to here at Maryville college. Another might be the size of the school which I am not used to. There are a lot more students at the University of Puerto Rico, Mayaguez than there are here at Maryville. I have been trying to think of different ways to help myself get through the hard times that I will face. Overall, I think that I will really enjoy this experience while I am abroad and will get through what I need to when it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment