Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Beruf



Unlike a lot of students, study abroad is not necessary for my vocation or to graduate.  Instead, study abroad is more for myself and the experience.  

I want to be a teacher, more specifically a math teacher.  While countries speak different languages, math is one language that can be shared.  Its a mutual understanding wherever you may go.  Germany was not picked specifically for any reason, other than they speak English and were willing to have me on as a student teacher.  


Something I am very interesting to do with my teaching career is to teach abroad.  I want to learn the different ways math can influence others, and how they teach and learn it compared to the US. Germany is a step closer to this goal, its all about the experience.



I don't feel like I have to consciously work towards my goal, because I am going to student teach which is as working towards my vocation as possible.  I will definitely take note of differences and strategies, but other than those specifics I am going to be learning and living my future career everyday while in Germany.  

I hope to come back with teaching experience and ideas to implement into my classroom as a future teacher.  

No comments:

Post a Comment