Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Dogs can't tell me what I'm doing wrong

As classes go by and I somehow keep having tests, I also begin to realize that it is now November, and that means so much closer to.... Thanksgiving!!! While that is true the date that I'm actually thinking of is my departure date to China. That one is filled with less family and probably also less fried turkey. We all know that I don't deal with stress in the best of ways, but hey maybe I just won't get stressed. I mean it is just a language that I don't speak, with people that I don't know, with a school of 30,000, in a city that I don't know how to get around in. So no stress... RIGHT??!?!? In all seriousness though, when I start thinking about it I try to bottle in the stress and not really let it go, but of course this isn't my best idea because then I'm just going to have a breakdown when I get to China.

I've been away from home before. I mean my first year out of high school I was 12 hours away and although it was a little bit of a rockier start I made it, and the year ended up being one of my best years ever. I have had stress through college, but whenever it got too bad I would pick up my computer and skype the one true love:
This beautiful, big red fuzzy buns is named Joe. Joe has gotten me through a lot just by my parents setting up the computer whenever he is trying to nap in front of him and letting me have a few conversations. Having someone, or a dog, to listen has always been one of the best stress relievers for me. I don't actually need them, the dog, to say anything back. Just to know that they, dog, are there for me intentionally listening to what I have to say. Sometimes the best advice can be no advice

I will have some tough times in China. I don't want to try and say that I won't. However, when it is 7am in China and I am getting ready for classes, it will be 6pm in Charlotte which is post-dinner prime nap time for Joe, and I can work with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment